Tips to Reduce The Downloads to reduce bill.

Tips to reduce the downloads to
reduce broadband bill
* If you ’re one of those poor
internet users who have to pay by
the Megabyte, or have a capped
allowance then I have 5 good tips
(and 1 silly tip) for reducing your
bandwidth usage, so that you can
surf more. I ’ve never come across
these applications before, because I
have an unlimited pipe which in
some months downloads obscene
amounts of data.Onspeed: Its a
slipstream accelerator which uses
Squid Cache to compress text and
images before downloading. So far
it has compressed 634 MB into 249
MB on my system.Works like a
charm
* FlashBlock Extension: I hate
annoying flash ads, especially on
Yahoo and by Tribal Fusion Ad
Network. So this Firefox extension
does the job of blocking them.
* Imglikeopera Extension: Yeap,
This is a Firefox extension too. It
loads images from cache (I browse
during free night hours to fill my
cache) i.e saves bandwidth
* Adblock Extension: I should have
quoted this before Imglikeopera,
Anyway this Firefox extension
blocks all ads except ones in your
whitelist
* Tip: Just incase your a busy geek
who exchanges mail frequently,
Use any good email client instead
of webmail (especially if you use
Gmail or Yahoomail Beta, because
they have lots of AJAX embedded
in them).

0 comments:

Post a Comment